Starboard iSonic Windsurf Board 2015
The iSonics are Starboard’s slalom boards
They are fast racing machines designed for the highest top speeds, the highest average speeds, the quickest accelerations with powerful overtaking abilities throughout a wide wind range.
The range itself is designed around the PWA’s three board format: a perfect quiver covering all conditions can be achieved by selecting one board most suitable from each of the iSonic’s three size-categories:
• The three smallest sizes (80, 87 and 90) are most narrow and shaped specifically for high-wind conditions.
• The two middle sizes (97 and 107) are compact designs for maximum performance across a wide wind range, particularly medium wind strengths.
• The three largest sizes (110, 120 and 130) are extra-wide designs emphasizing light wind performance.
2015 marks the year where all iSonics follow the same slim compact design concept. Even the high wind models that used to be longer and more classic are now in line with the rest of the range.
The iSonic 80 and iSonic 87 are thus thinner, shorter, and wider at the front footstrap level to the mast track. The planing area is narrower behind the back footstrap for a more tapered shape. A new rocker line is used for these two sizes, tuned for their new concept shapes.
The iSonic 90 and iSonic 97 is wider between the footstraps for more stability, but not wider overall since they were already in the compact shape concept. Slightly narrower planing surface behind the back straps. The double concave is replaced with flat Vee in the 90. The iSonic 97 keeps its concaves for added lift in medium winds.
The iSonic 107 is 1 cm wider at its max, wider between the straps: more stability, earlier planing and quicker acceleration; but narrower planing surface behind the back footstrap for more top end speed and average speed. It’s thinner overall and it keeps the same rocker, Vee and concave.
The iSonic 110, iSonic 120 and iSonic 130 are the lightwind models. The max widths stay the same; widths are increased between the straps but the planing surface is made narrower behind the back footstraps.
All-new shapes and completely upgraded throughout the range, the new iconic iSonics are leaner, quicker and faster than ever before.
The iSonics come in two constructions: Wood, for more control and comfort and Carbon, for sharper accelerations, a stiffer feel and earlier planing ability.
Internally known as Carbon Reflex, this new technology uses 45 degree Biaxial T700 carbon on the deck of the smaller boards and 30 degree Biaxial T700 carbon on the bigger boards combined with Uni-directional 80 carbon on the bottom. This allows the board to flex and rebound quickly and responsively: ultra light, energy efficient yet comfortable and responsive!
(1) Carbon Reflex Technology: Use of 45 degree Biaxial T700 Carbon and 30 degree Biaxial T700 on the deck, combined with UD 80 Carbon on the bottom for ultra-light, energy efficient yet comfortable and responsive boards
(2) NEW! Wider between the straps and narrower planing surface behind the back strap: a more tapered shape for a more stable and wide planing surface with less drag
(3) 5 x PWA World Champion and 8 x IFCA World Champion
(4) NEW! Thinner and wider for more stability, earlier planing and quicker accelerations
(5) Secondary wingers are closed off on the deck side, eliminating the full step that can crack under exceptional stress
(6) The heel extensions gives the back foot power and support, with increase leverage over the narrow wetted surface
We ship boards all over the UK, but we strongly recommend collection to avoid transit damage issues.