Starboard Atom IQ Tuffskin Windsurf Board 2015
The Atom IQs are Starboard’s slim and thin freeride boards with the widest wind-range.
As freemove boards, they are designed to be exciting and fast in the straight line yet highly maneuverable and aggressive with a widest wind-range and control.
Efficient in light winds like a wide board 15 liters bigger, as maneuverable and controllable as a board with 15 liters less. "Plane big, jibe small." And with the right tuning, you get a wind range that covers three classic freeride boards.
Very thin rails and profile combined with the compact and wide outline give the Atom IQs their sporty and comfortable character with aggressive and easy jibes and a lively planing.
For 2015, new sizes and a new technology are available. The Atom IQ 130, 140 and 160 models are added to the already existing Atom IQ 100, 110 and 120 models.
All Atom IQs are now also available in the durable Tufskin AST construction. There is a separate 'Atom Windsurfer' available in the Tufskin construction with a retractable dagger board for light wind performance.
(1) NEW! Atom IQ 130, 140 and 160 available
(2) Wide and compact outline for quick planing and maneuverability
(3) The original ultra-slim board with a huge wind range
(4) Thin rails but aggressively shaped with a hard edge account for an exciting jibe with lots of grip and speed
(1) Flat Vee from nose to tail for a reactive and fast ride. Slightly more Vee in the front than the tail sharpens up the turn-in reaction of the board when entering a jibe
(2) Fast rocker from the iSonic 110 has a long flat under the standing area for quick accelerations and early planing efficiency
(3) Cut-aways allow for a crispier fin grip on wider wetted-surface areas and reducing drag for a high top-end speed with less drag
(4) Equipped with smaller fins than traditional boards for more maneuverability and high-wind control. Purchasing an additional fin upto 4cm longer will greatly boost bottom end performance in lighter winds