The legendary Combat stands out as the sail of choice for any wave sailing conditions. No matter which spot, from side-offshore winds and perfect peeling waves, to huge onshore white waters, the Combat will never disappoint. Designed for dynamic and adventure-seeking sailors, the Combat delivers low-end power when you need it.
Light, stable and strong - the Combat is equipped to deal with whatever, whenever, and whoever.
Drive and Acceleration
Tight leech provides power for early planning and upwind performance.
Wide wind range
A large tuning range that allows the rider to trim the sail for all conditions, thanks to the combination of a pronounced luff curve in the boom area and a high outhaul tension that stabilizes the profile.
Wide batten layout spacing on the lower area that allows a softer and forgiving handling under powered up conditions. Tight batten layout spacing through the upper area that provides greater stability and lighter feeling.
- Premium reinforced rip-stop scrim laminate.
- Ultra Scrim has Ultra High Molecular Density yarns and balanced uni-directional strength characteristics. It is 25% lighter than Ultra Web and 2x stronger than traditional scrims.
- POWERFUSE panels are there to strategically re-distribute the tack and clew loads throughout the sail’s body; improving the sail reflex without deforming the laminates. POWERFUSE transforms wind energy into power, instead of losing it through material stretch.
- It helps profile stability and prevents deformation. POWERFUSE is exclusive to NeilPryde Sails
- Ultra high Molecular Density yarns at +/-40 degrees. This rip-stop web has the same breaking strength of KevlarTM but offers much better UV resistance. 40% stronger than traditional Polyester X-Ply.
Our exclusive custom printing technology allows us to print the films prior to lamination, giving us the flexibility to use UV resistant multi-coloured custom graphics. The print is of minimal thickness, reducing weight and producing a higher definition of colour. During lamination, the printed side is placed on the inside of the film, which drastically reduces wear and tear. NeilPryde 2020 sails' colors are made to last an eternity.
We have taken out traditional, seperate batten pockets by overlapping body panels to efficiently create a sleeve for battens. This reduces unnecessary weight, simplifies construction and creates a fully symmetrical batten cavity, eliminating the tendency of traditional batten pockets to load differently from one tack to another.
Double stitching is used on all critical seams across our sails, allowing them to endure prolonged exposure to high loads and impacts.