Nah Skwell SCOW 12'6 Wood Carbon Paddleboard
This limited edition carbon version of the SCOW has a light weight sanded back blue finish so the black of the carbon is visable. This finish means that the exact appearance of the boards can vary slightly. I've included a shot of a carbon SCOW in use so you can see the finish.
The stand up paddle sport is developing fast!
Anywhere week-ends are Sup racing days. Whatever the board-size category, we had, yet, only seen pointed-bow boards…..
Time for Nah Skwell, then, to retain its design and innovation stance by offering a totally different shape, in search for more performance! Inspired from « Scow » yachts and their more rectangular shape, the NS Scow Race 12’6 aims to erase inherent flaws of a “traditional” pointed bow.
- More stable: when a board is « pinched » at both ends, the sea makes it loose stability. With a wider outline forward, the Scow offers much more comfort than any racing board to date; the « row » effect is tamed down and the board is less effected by side-winds.
- Slightly heeled: a pointed-bow board requires to be paddled very flat – which is proving quite difficult as the miles go by and /or the water becomes choppy – the NS “Scow” will settle comfortably on its full paddle-side rail, with a slight heel: much less tiring and performance enhancing!
-A downwind beast: more stable, our Scow accelerates on the smallest bumps! No more burying the bow with the inherent yaw either side… loss of control, and…falls! The Scow’s nose remains above water and helps lengthen the glide in the surf.
A Scow surfs faster and longer.
-More speed: scoop-line is straighter just as if the board was longer. This gives a better glide in every configuration and race-course. No need for superlatives! Test the Scow, check your times and compare your respective performances! Available to demo here at 24-7 Boardsports.
More comfort, more performance, and more pleasure: in what remains a physical performance, our Scow shall help you grasp that little extra stamina!
- Lenght: 12’6″ (381 cm)
- Width: 27.52″ (69,9 cm)
- Thickness: 13.5cm from nose to middle, 7.5 cm at tail
- Volume: 240 litres
- Weight: 11kg
- Build: Wood Epoxy Sandwich
- Hull shape: Convex forward then a vee straightened at the tail
- Rails: soft and tucked-under forward, progressively harder towards the tail
|12’6″ SCOW (381cm)||27.52″ (69,9cm)||13,5cm||240||11kg|
Shipping mainland UK ONLY. Collection advised.