Inspired by some of the latest custom Quads made for our World Cup team, we found the perfect blend of rocker line and bottom shape that our riders refer to as the ›magic rocker.‹ Featuring the Flat Spot Concept – an innovative placement of curved and straight areas – the result is enhanced planing power and speed. This combined with a smooth outline and super sweet trim results in a Waveboard with radical turning abilities – without loosing planing power – control and ease of use. Designed to get the juices owing, the Quad will put in a stellar performance regardless of the conditions.
QUAD VS. TRIWAVE VS. STUBBY
Compared to the V-Bottom shapes of TriWave and Stubby, the concave Quad has pronounced front-foot style of riding allowing for a fluid, full rail carving style, tight turns under the lip and maximum drive with full grip. While the TriWave excels in maintaining speed in longer, drawn out turns, the Stubby has a more skatey tail release in the lip and is really playful in smaller waves. Able to fully lean into the turn, you can trust in the grippy rails and fins when conditions get a bit bigger. The Quad prefers to be ridden under the lip and loves to transfer the push of the wave into speed. With its superb control and speed, the Quad also likes jumping. However, it comes into its own and excels when riding waves.
- Biax Innegra Carbon Light Finish
- 3 Fanatic LTD Footstraps
- Choco Fins Quad Revolt
- Innovative rocker line with a pronounced tail kick and flat spot concept for maximum planing power and radical turning potential
- Pronounced concave / double concave bottom shape for acceleration, control and smooth drive even in choppy conditions
- Trim moved backwards for direct turning
- Compact outline with rounded squash tail for snappy turns even in small waves
- Side fins with slight tow for smooth water flow, reduced drag and maximum speed
- Flat deck for a stable stance and secure feeling even when the wind drops
- New fast and super smooth turning RTM Quad fin setup perfectly matched to board’s characteristics
- Lightweight and easy to adjust Slot Box system
BIAX INNEGRA CARBON LIGHT FINISH TECHNOLOGY (BXIC)
Making its way into the 2017 Wave and TE Freestyleboards is the brand new Biax Innegra Carbon Light Finish technology. After the resounding success of using this high-end construction on our TE boards over the last three seasons, we took the initiative and next technical step by introducing a brand new, and exclusive Biax Carbon / Innegra fibre finish.